The Solar-Powered Attic Fan That Keeps You Cool
Solar Star, the leader in solar powered attic ventilation, brings you the most technologically-advanced, environmentally-friendly, attic ventilation system today. Best of all, Solar Star brings you the solutions that cost nothing to operate. Imagine the savings.
Keeping your attic cool has never been easier–and with a 30% Federal Tax Credit it’s the best time ever to get a Solar Star solar powered fan.
All Solar Star Attic Fans are eligible for tax credits for photovoltaic systems. To view a list of qualifying systems, click the Manufacturer’s Certification below:
Protect your home
Heat and moisture are your enemies when it comes to your home. But just because you can’t see them doesn’t mean they aren’t there… hiding in your attic and causing damage. Solar Star Attic Fans neutralize moisture and drive out heat, keeping your home cool in summer and protecting it from harm during the winter.
Summer means longer days, more sun, and warmer temperatures. If heat is not vented from your attic properly, it builds up and causes problems in your home:
- Living spaces become hot and uncomfortable
- Air conditioning units work harder to keep rooms cool
- Utility costs rise due to increased energy demand
- Roof structures and materials deteriorate
A Solar Star Attic Fan solves these problems by removing excess heat from your home with the ceiling fan, giving you a more comfortable interior and lower energy bills.
With winter comes ice, snow, and cold temperatures. When coupled with excess humidity from showers, humidifiers, and dishwashers, it can lead to:
- Leaks and structural decay triggered by ice buildup on your roof
- Damage to insulation and framing materials produced by moisture accumulation
- Weakening of internal structures caused by mold and fungus growth
A Solar Star Attic Fan prevents these issues by equalizing interior and exterior temperatures, safeguarding your home from the worst of winter
Solar Star Technology
- Advanced 10- or 22-watt photovoltaic solar panel provides maximum energy capture
- Durable panel resists damage from hail, wind and foreign objects
High Performance Motor
- Brushless DC motor produces increased efficiency and reliability
- Progressive design reduces noise for whisper-quiet operation
- Specialized body design maximizes airflow for greater airflow capacity
- Engineered to enhance lifetime of fan
- Five-wing, polymeric blades are non-corrosive and minimize vibration for quiet operation
- Lightweight design reduces motor resistance for increased performance and reliability
Benefits or Solar Star Attic Fans
- Climate Control – Regulate attic temperature for more comfortable living spaces.
- Reduce Damaging Moisture – Help eliminate mold and prolong life with the roof ventilation system.
- Robust Design – Select Solar Star fans meet High Velocity Hurricane Zone requirements.
- Solar-Powered Design – Built-in photo voltaic (solar) power takes a bite out of electric bills.
- Easy to Install – Quickly installs with no wiring assembly. Leak proof flashing compatible with all roof types.
- Attic Fan Plus Solar – All of the benefits of attic ventilation systems or roof ventilation systems with the bonus of solar power.
Optional Thermal Switch
Automatically activates when temperatures reach approvimately 85º F (29º C) and deactivates when temperatures drop below 65º F (18º C)